This guide is meant for physical registration. Due to COVID-19, students that register online or studing at your home country will not find this guide useful. Sorry about that.
This section is made for the new students who are coming to XJTU for the first time. It is recommended that you go through this document carefully. It will save you a lot of time.
- Valid passport
- VISA photos (recommended at least a dozen)
- Admission Notice
- JW201 or 202
- Student Certification (for existing students, but come back China after first semester - depend on counsellor advice)
- previous passport (that include the China VISA or stamps)
- ... to be added...
- 移动交通大学 XJTU - IOS
- Map application: Baidu Map OR Amap OR Apple Map (iOS only)
- Translation: Baidu Translate
- Air quality reporting: AQ Forecast, AirVisual
- Translation: Google Translate (text translation works, image does not), Microsoft Translate
Yes, going to registration (at the SIE) is not the first thing you should do.
- Option 1A: CHINA UNICOM (@Shop): Go to China Unicom service shop with your passport and apply for a sim card. The account must be charged with 200 RMB at the beginning of service. Some of the staff can speak minimum English.
- Option 1B: CHINA UNICOM (@Dorm): You can find a booth on the ground floor of West 8 and 13 dormitory. You can get your SIM card there as well. They are here espicially for international students.
- Option 2: CHINA MOBILE: (TBC)
¶ 2. Residence police verification and registration
For on-campus living: Register at "the HuiYuan Apartment service Center" (alternative name: building 25, West 13 dormitory). Also, get your room here.
Adress for shopping:
- Mandarin: 陕西省西安市长安区 28号西安交通大学创新港校区学生宿舍惠园B05栋, 710000
- English: Building B05, Student Dormitory, Chuangxingang Campus, Xi'an Jiaotong University, No. 28, Chang'an District, Xi'an, Shaanxi Province, 710000
For off-campus living: On arrival you are meant to report before 24hrs you are meant to register yourself at the nearest police station, because you will need a slip from the police for your registration process.
Temporary hotel stays: The hotel reception should handle the residence registration automatically for you.
More information about location and requirements
¶ 4. Make three photocopies of your documents and electronic file (either scan or mobile-photo)
Location: SIE counsellor office
Yanta Campus office: room 2-1, second floor in our building
Iharbour Campus office: building 1, second floor
Xingqing Campus office: international student building, A911
Contact your SIE counsellor on your pre-admission notice.
(introduce yourself, what do you want, where - campus, and when - Date & Time) before meet-up or receiving any document
To apply for resident permit, please see How to apply for resident permit
Location: (all RPs) The PSB, (1-year RP only) The west gate police station
At the initial period just after registration, the new students will be provided a temporally student ID card;
- this is to enable you meal payment in school canteen
- and give you access to room doors and entance gates.
One or two weeks later you will be issued the permanent student ID card that will enable you create a net ID and register for your courses and carry out any process that requires ID card.
LOCATION: student card center
... to be updated.
Last Update: November 23th, 2022